Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines 2012

I totally flaked this year and didn't get one picture taken on Valentines.....  I'm really quite sad about it.  I figured since I don't have pictures to document it, I better at least write a quite note about it to document our day.
First off our Valentines started a little early, we did dinner Monday night knowing that we would be out celebrating Shuana's b-day on Tues, Valentines Day.  So, I got heart shaped pizza, made rasberry lemonade, strawberries and ended with decorating cookies.  It was a fun night, kids always love frosting and eating their own cookies.
Tues morn, we had heart cookies and all the kids headed to school with their bags full of valentines for their friends.
I love the holidays cuz it brings back all my childhood memories of activites we did at school.  I remember loving Valentines and making the big Valentine Envalope to put all my valentines in.  It was a big exciting day!  I hope my kids have those same feelings of anticipation and excitement.
Gray was the first to retern home from school, and first thing was dumping out the goods.  As he is dumping I see a baggie full of treats and start thinking, wow someone went all out, then all of a sudden I'm like wait those are Gray's valentine's - wait he didn't hand them out what the heck!?!  And if any of you know how my mind works you know, it immediatley went to thinking, "oh great the teacher thinks I sent him without", or "I'm sure things are so crazy she didn't even have the time to notice who handed who what", to "oh no, what did he do, did he not want to hand them out".  So I had to hear the story.  I gave it a bit then called the teacher, one to cover my butt and make sure she knew I sent them, and two to make sure he wasn't being stingey.   In the end, I found out she did know he had them, but when it came to his turn they didn't know what happened to them so she thought he must have gave them while she wasn't looking.  So we both had a good laugh. 
Later that day we went to help in Colton's class with games and decorating cookies for his class party.  It's fun seeing the kids in class enteracting with eachother.  After school was out the kids come home rip through their bags, then shove them aside and move on to playing. 
That night we met the Archibald's at Los Hermanos for dinner to celebrate.  The kids always love seeing eachother.  It's crazy to see how we have grown and watch how good we all are at downing the chips and salsa.  We are definantley a mexican family. 
All in all, it was a great day filled with love and fun.
I am thankful for all the valentines I have in my life, especially for my "true" valentine, Dave.  He loves me for who I am and treats me with love and kindness.  I'm lucky to call him mine!

No comments: