Here is my bunch at Halloween, we have Happy the Clown, the dragon dinosaur (becuase Gray could never get it straight), dorothy and Darth Vader.
The thing I love most about Halloween is the memories it brings back from my childhood. We had so much fun, there was always a carnival and always trick or treating. The little town of Dutch John was so fun to trick or treat. It consisted of about 4 streets with houses on both sides. We'd make it to all the houses and then end up at the elementary school for the fun Carnival with games and a spook alley put on by my mom.
The other thing I love about Halloween is the decorations. For all of those who know me, know I have Halloween all through my house. I love it! My mom did it and I couldn't wait to start, as soon as I was out on my own, I started buying my halloween decor, decor I still have and mix in with my newer better decor. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.
I just hope I am helping my kids form memories as good as mind (hoping the crazy, running everywhere, trying to fit everything in and sometimes yelling doesn't over power the fun).
So here are some of our doings for Halloween 2011:
Abigail (aka Dorothy) and Colton (Happy the clown) all ready to head out to school.
Jaxon (aka captian of the ship) all ready for his day at school.
At ALA they get to dress as someone/something in the history era they are learning about (cowboys, indians, pirates, queens, princesses).
Halloween isn't complete without the school parade.. Pink skeleton Whitlee and Abigail behind the scary green skeleton.
Happy the Clown enjoying his part in the parade.
Colton and his bum of a friend Parker getting ready to head out and get some of the good stuff we all can't get enough of but as parents complain they get and eat too much of (so why do we send them out to do this?!? oh yeah to fun and the memories).
Abigail, Allie, Grayson, Alec and Jaxon all raring to head out to capture as much as they can.
Along the way Gray ran into one of his cute little girlfriends, McCall. They were so cute and just walked up to give eachother hugs. Look at how tiny she is and how big he is (he is older, but only by a few months).... oh my!
The funnest part of all is getting home to check out all your candy.... I use to love, love this part. I would sort and count and re-sort and organize and trade and barder and.... it was soooo much fun!
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:
Cute kids! You're definitely helping them form awesome Halloween memories!
your kids are getting so big. I've never seen any of them in person, but seeing all these pictures of them over the years show how grown up they are. Good grief!
I've been thinking about you guys and Justin and hope things are finally getting better/settling down??? Justin stopped by my parents place right after it all happened & talked to my mom for a bit. I sure do like that kid and hope that this all gets sorted out. My husband is a lawyer and has said that all attorneys who work for Child Protective Services are a bunch of "hack & zealots" (the worst kind of lawyers to deal with in his opinion). Every encounter he's had with them hasn't been good, and he's told them to their face that he doesn't like them. So, I'm sure that what Justin is facing from them right now is pure hell. I've been praying for him and hope all can return to normal soon. Hope you're doing good!
Post a Comment