Friday, March 9, 2012

Piano Star

Colton has been taking piano for a few years now.  Although he complains about practicing and playing all the time, I really think he enjoys it (a little).  He has gotten to be quite the piano player, I am impressed with the pieces he is playing.  Tonight he had a recital and did really well. 

After everyone had played, Kristy got up and gave a couple awards.  She has such a great program and gives all kinds of incentives.  They keep track of practicing points and at the recital give awards to the top team and then top students.  Colton got 3rd in the most points, and was totally excited about it.
After those awards, Kristy gave out the star student of the year award.  She said it was hard to narrow down to just one so she awarded two students with it.  The first one was a cute little girl, and as she was talking I'm thinking (as I know most moms were) that is so neat, that would be cool if colton got it, but there is no way, I'm sure it's like Parker or someone....  Then, she says and the next one is, (drum roll) Colton!  Um, what?!?  did I hear that wrong/right?  I teared up and was so proud of him!  She said he is so good at listening and trying to do what she asks him to change or work on.  She went on about how well he listens and what a great studen he is.  It was just what I needed to hear cuz we have been butting heads so much lately.  I know he is such a good kids and listens really well and tries his hardest to do his best, but at home we struggle.  So this is just what I needed and just what he needed too.  Great job Colton!

What a great "proud mom moment" that was!

No comments: