It's that time again. Summer has flown by and time to send kids back to school.
Back to school always brings mixed emotions for me. On one hand I'm ready for some structure and schedule and on the other hand I'm so not ready for the schedule and running and waking up in the mornings. Part of me needs the break from the kids and welcomes the daily send them off to school, but then part of me is sad to not have them home to just go hang at the park or spend the day being lazy and playing in the sun. No more boating, Seven Peaks, and no more freedom! :(
This summer went by so fast, we didn't get in lots of things we wanted to..... we didn't make it to the grotto, didn't hike the Y, didn't go to Spanish or Paysn pool (only seven peaks), we didn't even get together with Tina and her kids, but I guess there is always next year right?!?
Here are my kiddos all ready to head out.
Colton 5th grade his teacher is Mrs. Bundy,
Abigail 4th grade her teacher Mr. Thorpe (Bundy's dad)
and Jaxon 1st grade his teacher Mrs. Diramo
Jaxon switched schools and decided to join Cole & Abi at Riverview, and is pretty excited.
I love that Abigail still has so much excitement and love for school. She is such a good helper and gets Jaxon excited about going too. I hope that some of her excitement will rub off on both of her brothers. Colton lost his love of school last year and we hope he gets it back.
The first week of school is always nerve racking for me. I worry about how they are going to do with their teacher if they are in the right place, if they have a good group of kids, if they are going to enjoy it, if they are going to learn, etc. I hate it! I think (okay, I know) moms worry about it all more than the kids do. Wish I could just let it all go and be excited about it all, but I don't I stress and worry and fret over every little thing.
It is funny seeing the difference between the first day and the last day of the week. The first day they are up early and ready to go so they can be early, but by Friday they are sluggish and tired and dragging themselves out of bed hurrying to get ready so they aren't late.
So, here's to back to school, crazy school scheduals and adjusting to it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment