This year I kinda messed up on Grayson's birthday.....
I didn't make any big plans, didn't plan a party, I did think about and remember his birthday but when I did think about it all I saw it was on a Sat and knew with it being summer and dave having the dave off that we would probably have plans and be gone or on the lake so I chalked it up to that. I did plan the family party but it worked best to do on Sunday, leaving Sat wide open. As the day grew closer we still didn't have any plans, and I didn't think to plan anything. Then the day was here and it was too late to throw a party together......
So, Sat morning came, I had a baby shower to run to, so I left before he was awake. I did wrap all his presents the night before and set them out for him to see. Proud that I did that!
Well, when I returned home from the shower Gray was awake and happy but the first thing he said to me was, "where are my letters?", meaning the birthday decorations that I always put up but didn't for him thinking he would be fine and wouldn't notice (I had a hard time sleeping the night before and thought I should get up and decorate just to have it done, but didn't and thought he will be fine with them up later in time for cake and stuff). So I hurried in the house and put up the streamers and happy birthday banner. Once he came in he smiled and was happy but said, "but what about my balloons?", oh my heck?!? where did this kid come from? I am still seeing him as my little baby who doesn't notice or need all those things yet. Okay, Candice get it together, he is FOUR!!! (I had had the thought of running and getting balloons on the way home but didn't again thinking he won't notice and will be fine with it later when we do cake and stuff, stupid me!). So, I sneak out really fast, run to store get balloons and return while he is outside playing. Get them in the house and got get him to open presents.
I have the thought of I should just call and have some friends come over while he opens presents and then just let them play but decide against it cuz I would feel stupid for being so lame and last minute, plus didn't want them to feel dumb for not having a present so we just opened presents with the family.
He was so excited and loved every minute of it!
After he opened the presents I gave him the cards he got in the mail. When he opened the ones from great-grandma's and saw money in them, he was so excited he said, "Now we can go to the gas station!" I laughed and laghed, that was all he needed to make his day great! So after presents we were trying to make plans for the day I asked gray what he wanted ot do for his birthday and all he would say was ride bikes to the gas station. I asked 4-5 different times and different ways, offering boating, swimming, golfing, fishing, and seven peaks but all he would say was ride bikes to gas station. I even told him he could go to the gas station and do something else but he didn't care. His day was complete riding to gas station and spending his money. LOVE IT!
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment