They couldn't wait to get on the ice!
Abigail has been after me to go ice skating for three years now. It just has never worked out. Saturdays are always full or we think about it too late or one time we tried going but it wasn't open skate, so we had to find something else to do. We finally made it, although we almost didn't make it again today. We looked up online open skate times and it just listed all day, so we got there at 4:10 go up to pay and see that it ends at 4:30 and the next session was at 6pm. I had a few errands to run so we left to do those and came back for the later time.
We had a few hiccups getting back but we made it. There was a little wait to pay and get skates but we finally made it on the ice and boy were they excited.
Abigail is a natural and doesn't have any problem getting use to the skates or ice at all! She's been on rollerblades since she was 5!
Grayson is trying to figure out how to make this thing move.... He wanted to go fast and do it himself but he couldn't quite get how to dig into the ice to push himself forward. But he loved every minute of it!
After a bit of trying it out the kids were really getting the hang of it and having fun. Jaxon was feeling good and comfortable on his own when all of a sudden he went down face first hitting the ice. He was all by himself and luckily I was not far behind him, I saw him fall, sit up start to stand then he saw me and put his little head down and brought his hands to his face. He was trying so hard to be tough but you could tell it hurt. I hurried and got him and helped him off the ice. After quick inspection, he decided take a little break, and sit on the side for a little rest.
But it wasn't long before he was up and at it again....
Open skate went to 10pm and I thought there was no way we would last that long, but they would have. At 9:30 I was tired and done, so Grayson and I stopped took our skates of and waited for the others to stop.
We ended the night with yummy hot chocolate and talks of coming back.

No comments:
Post a Comment