Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Decorating

Many of you know that I love to decorate for the holidays.  My favorites are Halloween and Christmas.  My decorating consists of taking everything down and putting holiday décor up.  I love going into houses that just add a touch of holiday with their regular décor, it just adds a beautiful festive touch.  I'm not good at doing that.  I don't know how to incorporate and add too.  So, I usually take down all the regular décor and put up holiday. 
That way I don't get sick of the regular stuff and it feels new again when it comes back out.
This year with moving into a new house, I got to start with holiday décor first.  At first it was a bit overwhelming but once I got it all out and got going I fell in love with my house.....  and Christmas!
 
 
Picture of my new tree all decorated in the new house.  I wish I would have turned the tree lights on and checked the picture before taking in down....  not a great pic but you can kinda see it.
 

 
So many people asked how I got all my decorations up and how I decorated the tree.... well, here's how....  I used a 10 foot ladder and went to town.  I have no fear of heights and I just do it. 
 
 
 
 
 
After all the lifting, climbing, leaning, stretching, grunting, and sweating, here is the finished project.  (don't mind kids tv show, the hanging wires, computer and toys - pretend they aren't there cuz they really were hidden most of the season).
 
 
 
 
 

 
 I was sad to take it all down cuz now the real work has to be done.  The day after I took it down I heard one of my kids say, "it looks like we just moved in".  I wish it was as easy to decorate and make my home have that feeling I want it to have with my regular decorations, when the holidays aren't around.  Here's to hoping I can figure it out. 
Wish me luck!
Happy New Year!




No comments: