So Jaxon and Alec were downstairs playing with cars, racing and stuff. When all of a sudden Jaxon said, "My dad got pulled over by a policeman on the way to Jackson Hole." Alec kinda says, "really" or is just interested and keeps listening. Then Jaxon says, "I didn't even feel it when the policeman pulled my dad over."
Oh, I love the innocence of sweet little kids and the way their minds work. I've never thought of it that way. Kinda weird that we refer to is as being "PULLED over", why is that?!?
Anyway, I love my little Jax. And I love listening to and watching little people play.
That same day, a few hours later, they had been playing outside for just a few minutes when I had them come in to have lunch (at 1:30), they sat down and started telling me all sorts of fun stories.
They start by saying,
A: There is a real live animal out there. We heard it, it was scratching.
J: chimes in saying, it's a monkey!
A: Yeah, it goes like this (monkey sounds and pounding on chest).
J: We are going to chase it and throw this ball at it.
A: And we are going to kick it's butt.
This continues on and on all during lunch. They were so excited and having so much fun. I sent them down to Alec's house so I could run up to a neighbors and when I got back I called to say I was home and Melissa started in telling me about what they were playing and I finished the story for her cuz they had went down there and told her the same exact thing. We laughed and laughed. They continued playing for a little longer, hunter and finding animals. At last count it was up toe 2 nice monkeys and 1 mean one.
Again, I love their fun imaginations and they way their minds work. Oh, to be a kid again.
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

2 comments:
I love kids.
Kids are so fun...so Amazing...you will be so glad that you are the kind of mom that enjoys these cute times and blogs them...I wish I could remember more of the amazing things my kids did...wish I would have written them down. You need to read your kids the summer of the monkeys...I bet Jaxson would even love it;o) Keep blogging....you know about blurb right? I need to blurb my second year of blogging!
Post a Comment