So first thing this morning when I walked into the front room to Jaxon laying on the couch he looked up at me and said, "I don't want to go to school." Oh no!
The rest of the morning was filled with little discussions about going to school and trying to find out why he didn't want to go to school and telling him that he HAD to go to school. These were some of the comments that were made:
------------------
I want to go to a different school.
What school do you want to go to?
The school that my other friends go to, I want to go to Dewey's school
Dewey is 5 you are 4 you can't go to his school
------------------
I don't want to go to my school.
What school do you want to go to?
The same school Abi and Colton go to
You aren't old enough, they know how to read and write you don't, you have to go to preschool to learn that first. Colton and Abi went to your school when they were your age.
-------------------
I just don't want to go to school
What do you want to do?
Just play
You play at school and have fun and see your friends
------------------
I just don't want to go to school anymore
-----------------
After I layed Grayson down for his nap I sat on the couch and asked Jaxon to come sit with me and he said, he didn't want to. I said, "come sit with me I want to talk to you" and he said, "About school?" which mad me snicker inside cuz it was funny he knew what I wanted to talk to him about - What a kid. I asked him why he didn't want to go school and he kept saying I don't know and I told him there had to be a reason and then he finally siad, "I don't know reason, what reason" (me snickerinig again cuz it is so fun to see how little people learn and grow, I don't think he knew what reason ment). That conversation didn't go too far.
It seemed like all morning long, school was in the back of his mind.
I got him to get dressed and asked what he wanted for lunch (which I was sure he'd fight both of those things saying he didn't want to go to school).
While he was eating I went and got his shoes and he said, "I don't want to go to school" and I said, "I know", continuing to put on his shoes. He then said, "where are we going?" I said, "to school" at that point he starts kicking a little and saying no, I don't want to go. I then tell him he is going weather he wants to or not. So you can either go happy and have fun or you can go sad and it won't be fun.
I was really suprised that he never put up a huge stink about it, I thought I'd have to carry him to the truck and fight him to buckle up, but I didn't he just went along with it letting me know he just didn't want to go, I think that he thought when I said I know to him not wanting to go he was off the hook and I was just taking him somewhere else. When we got to the school I got out of the truck and walked around to get him out.....THEN the fight started, he grabbed his buckle and yelled I don't want to go and started crying a little. I got him out and told him he was going and he needed to stop crying. I carried him in with him clinging to my neck, when I walked in Mrs. Linda said, "We didn't put him in timeout yesterday (she had talked to my aunt Randy and Randy told her she heard Jax got put in timeout), we just sat him in a chair so he didn't get hurt while we were playing a game he didn't want to play." I told her "I figured it was something like that and it was fine with me if he was put in timeout. I was expecting him to be spending time in timeout just cuz he is stubborn and has a mind of his own - so different from Colton and Abi. So if he has to sit in a timeout cuz he isn't doing what he needs to that is fine with me." (that was a funny twist to the story Jax had told about the first day, he just assumed he was put in timeout.... )
Anyway, I sat for a few minutes holding him trying to get him to go in and play with the kids, I even told him I'd sit right here for a bit, but it didn't work so when there weren't kids still coming in I looked at Mrs. Linda she grabbed him and I left him kicking and screaming. :( It was so hard for me to leave him like that but I knew that I had to. I knew that if I didn't today here at preschool it would be at the next school or at kindergarten. I also knew that once he settled down he would be just fine (at least I told myself that and really hoped that would was what would happen).
I was nervous the whole time and thought I should call and check on him, but then told myself if there was a huge problem they would call me, they have been doing this along time, I'm sure he isn't the worse they have seen or delt with. So I did some grocery shopping, returned home, put things away and waited for it to be time to pick him up. Anxious to see how it turned out.
3pm finally rolled around and there I was back at the door picking up a HAPPY Jaxon after his second day of preschool. I asked how it was and she said he calmed down after a bit, he sat on the bench and she told him he needed to be quite while they took roll and eventually he joined in. Hooray!
I let them play on the playset for a bit then we headed out. When we got in the truck and I said, "Who had a fun day at school?" and Jaxon along with the three other little people yelled, "I did!!!" I looked back and Jax and said you had fun at school and he said yes. Then I said aren't you glad you went and he was. Yipee!
Now lets see how many more times we have to go through that morning...... ugh.....
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

3 comments:
YEA! So glad he ended up having a good day. It can be so hard to leave them kicking and screaming :(
he is such a cute little guy! Glad he had a better day at school. I wish i could put sydney is preschool. I am trying to put together a group and start a joy school but i am not sure if that will happen. There is always next year for pre school.
Hi Candace,
I hope you get this comment. I would love your help on the bandannas and capes. I'm just about done with the afghan. Yay!
There is one other lady that would like to help out with the sewing. Thing is, I'm horrible at organizing things. I was thinking that the easiest would be if we each bought our own supplies. If we wanted to get together to sew we could or we can just each work on it separately. I would love any ideas you may have. If you'd like to call me and we can talk my phone number is 801-592-5802. I look forward to getting to know you better. My mom says you are a sweetheart. :)
Post a Comment