Jaxon started his first day of school today. I think having Colton and Abi go back to school before him really helped him get excited about going to school. As of a month ago Jaxon was still saying he wasn't going to go to school, he was going to stay home with me (uugggh). As much as I love my little bubba, I really need a break from him. He has been my stay close to home kid, unlike Colton and Abigail, which I have loved and he is so good to entertain himself and play, but really he needs the out and I need the break.
The days leading up to his first day of school were full of crossed fingers and hope. Hope that he kept his excitement and desire to go to school. Last Wed we went to a back to school night so he was able to meet his teachers and see the classroom, which went well and got him excited, so that helped.
Yesterday I tested the waters with him by saying, "Who gets to go to school tomorrow?" and Jaxon piped up "I do!" That was a good sign. The excitement didn't end. This morning at about 10am Jaxon said, "I'm ready to go to school." But I had to tell him he had to wait two more hours. Those two hours past by, he got dressed, ate lunch, took some pictures and headed to school. He marched right in, wouldn't let me take anymore pictures and off I went. Yay!!!!
After school I picked him up and asked how it went, and the teacher said pretty good, he shed a tear once but was fine after that. I didn't stop to ask more about what happened cuz Jaxon was out the door.
So on the way home I asked how his day was and he said, "My teachers put me in the timeout chair cuz I didn't want everyone to fall on me." I repeated, "you had to go to time out?" He said, "yeah cuz I didn't want to be an elephant, I wanted to be in the middle, I didn't want everyone to fall on me." Then I asked, "Everyone fell down?, did you push them?"
Jax: "No"
Mom: "Why did you get put in time out?"
Jax: "Cuz I was mean to my teachers"
Oh my. Not sure what to take from all that other than. They were obviously playing a game that Jaxon didn't want to play, so he got in his stubborn attitude and got in trouble and sat in the time out chair until they were done.
Later when he repeated the story to my mom on the phone and dave, he is adimate about not being an elephant, and he didn't want to and he wanted to be in the middle. We tried talking to him and telling him that sometime you just need to do things you don't want to, blah, blah, blah, but I don't think it got through and I'm sure he'll do it again. Oh well, just as long as I don't have to be there to watch, right?!?
Anyway, all in all the 1st day of preschool was a success. He went, was happy, and plans to go back. Can't ask for anything more (maybe no timeout but hey if he isn't cooperating, do what you have to to get him to - just no beatings please).
The days leading up to his first day of school were full of crossed fingers and hope. Hope that he kept his excitement and desire to go to school. Last Wed we went to a back to school night so he was able to meet his teachers and see the classroom, which went well and got him excited, so that helped.
Yesterday I tested the waters with him by saying, "Who gets to go to school tomorrow?" and Jaxon piped up "I do!" That was a good sign. The excitement didn't end. This morning at about 10am Jaxon said, "I'm ready to go to school." But I had to tell him he had to wait two more hours. Those two hours past by, he got dressed, ate lunch, took some pictures and headed to school. He marched right in, wouldn't let me take anymore pictures and off I went. Yay!!!!
After school I picked him up and asked how it went, and the teacher said pretty good, he shed a tear once but was fine after that. I didn't stop to ask more about what happened cuz Jaxon was out the door.
So on the way home I asked how his day was and he said, "My teachers put me in the timeout chair cuz I didn't want everyone to fall on me." I repeated, "you had to go to time out?" He said, "yeah cuz I didn't want to be an elephant, I wanted to be in the middle, I didn't want everyone to fall on me." Then I asked, "Everyone fell down?, did you push them?"
Jax: "No"
Mom: "Why did you get put in time out?"
Jax: "Cuz I was mean to my teachers"
Oh my. Not sure what to take from all that other than. They were obviously playing a game that Jaxon didn't want to play, so he got in his stubborn attitude and got in trouble and sat in the time out chair until they were done.
Later when he repeated the story to my mom on the phone and dave, he is adimate about not being an elephant, and he didn't want to and he wanted to be in the middle. We tried talking to him and telling him that sometime you just need to do things you don't want to, blah, blah, blah, but I don't think it got through and I'm sure he'll do it again. Oh well, just as long as I don't have to be there to watch, right?!?
Anyway, all in all the 1st day of preschool was a success. He went, was happy, and plans to go back. Can't ask for anything more (maybe no timeout but hey if he isn't cooperating, do what you have to to get him to - just no beatings please).

2 comments:
I wonder what the game was? Glad he had a good time (sort of!)
Wasn't this the little guy that just got potty trained this spring? He has developed a lot this summer....3 days is the charm...keep us posted.
Post a Comment