Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jaxon Ray turns 4!

Wow! Time keeps flying by......

Jaxon got to celebrate his birthday, finally. He was so excited at Grayson's, I think he thought it was his Birthday too. During present time Jaxon was patiently waiting for Gray to get done openeing a present then Jax walked up with a present ready to open it, then I told him it wasn't his birthday it was Gray's and he had to wait for two more weeks. He politely put the present down, said, "oh" and walked off, kinda a little hurt. It was really sweet.

Anyway, the week leading up to Jaxon's birthday was filled with planning. He was at my moms house and kept on top of her making sure they got everything covered. The first day, my mom called and told me that she was going to sneak off the the grocery store that morning without the kids, but when Jax heard, he immediately changed her plans by saying, "Grammy I want to go and pick out my presents for my birthday". So the solo trip to the store turned into a trip to the store with Jaxon. While they were there he asked if he could go pick his cake and also had to check for a pinate'. It was so cute and helpful right there in that phone call I was informed of all we needed to do for his party. The next day he called, while I was at the mall getting Grayson's pictures taken, sounding really worried he said, "mom, mommy,", which really caught me off guard, my first thought was, oh no he is sad and wants to come home after one night, great. But that wasn't the case at all, he continued saying, "mom, um, I want to have my birthday at grandma's". Which confused me again cuz they call my mom grammy and Dave's mom is grandma. So I repeated, "you want to have your birthday at grandma's or grammy's?" and he said, "yeah, I want to have my birthday at grandma's, will you come to it?" It was so sweet, "I said yes, you can have your party at grammy's and I will be there in two days." He then said, "and will you come and get my party ready?" The conversation then preceded to plan out his party, it was very cute to hear him take charge and remember all the things he wanted for his party. It was fun having him so excited.
So on Friday we headed out to Vernal to celebrate his birthday, we had pizza, Aunt Gay's mac and cheese, a pinate', birthday cake with gigi's homemade ice cream cake and presents. It was everything he wanted.
His favorite part was opening presents (of course), he loved all his presents. After he opened the presents we had out, I asked him if he got everything he wanted and he responded with yes and I asked again if there was anything else he wanted and he said no. Then Dave came out with his new bike and his eyes got really big and his face just lit up. He was so excited to see a new big bike of his own. I love watching my kids be so happy and seeing their excitement, it is a highlight of being a mom. My little Jaxon is growing up and isn't such a little boy anymore. He can do so many things on his own, some days he doesn't even need me, which is very sad at times but really helpful too.

1 comment:

Us Egberts said...

You are an amazing mom and your kids are lucky to have you as "their" mom....sounds like dave is in on the action too....working together...keep it up!