So I accomplished a major goal Sat morning by running the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. I was pretty nervous the week leading up to the race, thinking my body wasn't going to hold up. I ran 10 miles the Sat before and my knees and shoulder were killing at the end. On top of that I knew it was pretty down hill and had heard others say how soar they were from the hills, so I went in very nervous thinking it was going to be pretty painful. BUT...... I am happy to say, I finished with good time and my body didn't hurt like I was afraid of. I was soooo tired and didn't think I could run the last 2 miles, which I did, I finished and my knees didn't ache at all and my shoulder even held up nicely. My finishing time was 1 hr 46 min, which I am very proud of, it is a 8:09 minute mile pace (good for me). It was a good experience, one I might try to do again.After the race, I hurried home, packed up clothes for the kids and myself, showered and headed our for Flaming Gorge. We decided to try to fit in one more trip to the Gorge, we stopped in Vernal picked up the boat and playpen, then headed up the mountain, found a campsite, set up the tent and rushed to the lake. We were able spend a few hours out on the lake with my parents without rain or wind. It was a beautiful evening, not a lot of swimming happened cuz the water was so COLD, but the kids rode the tube and Dave & I even went for a tube ride that I was a little nervous about taking (didn't know how nice my dad was going to be), but it turned out fun and dad didn't dump us. We headed back to camp about 8pm, then we hurried and had a hotdog roast, sat by the fire for a few minutes, then went to bed.
Sunday morning we woke to cloudy skies then a little rain, we had breakfast and packed up camp. The clouds parted a little just in time for us to head back to the lake. Most of the morning was partly cloudy and windy, but we hung out in coves and fished and had lunch. Then after a few hours of that the sun finally worked through the clouds so we stayed for a while longer. Dave and Colton swam, Jaxon was happy fishing and the rest just hung out on the boat. We had an enjoyable day on the lake, drove up the canyon aways, under the bridge, by the dam and then decided it was time to head home.
We all had lots of fun and didn't regret trying to cram so much into two day. I was happy we did it.

1 comment:
Holy cow! 1:46! You are amazing! When Mike and I ran one last year, he finished about 11 seconds faster. (I won't mention my sad-sack time.)
Do you think you will run it again next year? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Post a Comment