Monday, November 9, 2009

Colton's BIG day

It's seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital having my first baby boy. But now, my little baby boy hass turned eight and being baptized. Where does the time go?!?.....
What a great "little man" Colton is. He is and always has been such a great helper. He loves to help anyone with anything. I have pictures of him when he was 1 picking apples and branches off the ground and putting them in the wheelbarrow with papa. If he is given the choice to help someone with something or go play the wii or some game, he will always pick helping no matter the work, he loves to help and be with others.
He is such a good little friend and is so concerned about everyone. He knows right from wrong and always wants to chose the right. He is a good example for his brothers and sister. He enjoys going to school and really picks up on things quickly. His teachers have always said he is such a good helper and a good friend to everyone.
Colton was so excited to be baptized on his Birthday. The day kept changing back and forth and when he thought he was going to have to wait until December to be baptised he was a little dissapointed. He said, "I really wanted to be baptized on my Birthday". Then things changed again and he got his wish.
What a special day it was. He was so excited he didn't even give himself a chance to be nervous. He picked Grammy and Gigi to speak, and they both did a great job. I was so happy to have them there and to have my dad be a part of it all as well. This was his first baptism he was able to join in on. He acted as one of the witnesses and was in the circle for the confirmation.
I am proud of Colton for choosing to be baptised and I hope that he knows of it's importance and will always stay close to his heavenly father and listen to that special gift he was given today, the gift of the Holy Ghost.

After the baptism we met back at the house and enjoyed yummy food and good company. When I asked Colton waht he wasnted to eat after he was baptised he said, "remember those one things that are shaped like moons, those one breads.....", I said, "crossants?" he said, "yeah, those, I want those with turkey and cheese." So we had cold cuts, crossants, cinnamon rolls, muffins, fruit, Gays yummy struddle, juice, and choc milk. It was very nice, we couldn't have asked for a better day. Those who came and supported Colton were: Grammy, Papa, Gigi, Grandma and Grandpa Archibald, Jusin, Mareah and girls, Randy, Gay and Duane, and Tina, and kids. He also had a few friends come to the baptism but not to the house, Parker Smith, Ethan Barclay, Luke Orchard, Gabe Oldham, his primary teacher - Sister Barney, and piano teacher - Sister Bies. I am so thankful for the cute friends and great teachers Colton has in his life, I hope he stays close to them and continues to be good friends and examples to eachother.

2 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

So exciting. He looks so grown up.

Us Egberts said...

How nice...How exciting..Colton is such a handsome boy....so sweet....It sounds like you had a perfect day;o)