Can it really be 2010? Seems so weird.......
Where did the time go..... Thirty - what?.., where did these 4 kids come from, what about these wrinkles, whose hands are these, gray hair, what?!?....
These are a few of the new questions in my life.
Man, how time flies. I am truly blessed with beautiful kids, wrinkles of what a good life has brought me, hands that have worked good, hard jobs and hands that continuing working a good job and, well, not too sure what the gray hair is for but, yes, 2009 brought me my first gray hairs.
We had a good year full of fun times and good memories. To end the year we headed to Salt Lake with the Archibald's. I forgot the camera so no pictures of the time we spent together but just know we had fun. We spent two nights at the Embassy Suites, where we stayed up late, ate, swam, played games, ate, went to the movies, ate some more, swam, slept a little and enjoyed being together. The kids always love getting together and never want to part. This is a conversation that took place at breakfast this morning before leaving:
Abi, "I wish we could stay here until Saturday."
Isabelle, giggles and says, "it is Saturday"
Abi responds with, "no, I mean next Saturday"
Isabelle, "then we would miss a whole week of school and you'd have tons of homework"
Abi, "I don't care"
and here is another one:
When I went up to Jax and was ready to leave he says to me, "I wish we could live at this hotel"
I am happy we are able to get away and have fun with family and that my kids enjoy it so much. I am thankful for Dave's parents and always working so hard to get us together. We aren't the easiest bunch to be around all the time, but for the most part we enjoy each other and do pretty good.
I am thankful for my family, for our extended families, for the gospel, for our health, for the great guy Dave is for his job and the hard worker he is. I am thankful for our friends and the many people who love and support us.
Thanks for all the memories of 2009. Welcome 2010, I hope it brings more good times and only gets better (just slow down on the wrinkles and gray hairs).
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

2 comments:
Amen about the gray hair and wrinkles -- those I could do without in 2010 :)
Colton was so good in class! I am excited to be his teacher this year.
so fun.
Post a Comment