Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two of My Favorite Boys

I love, love this picture.  It is so sweet and shows the relationship between Grayson and Dave perfectly (Dave happy to have his little boy love him and Gray just beaming to be with his dad).
Grayson is very much a daddy's boy right now.  It started a few months ago, whenever dad got home from work, Gray would just light up and start reaching out for him saying mamaaa (cuz he didn't know how to say dad yet).  Now, if dad is in the room Gray is right there with him.  Dave puts him to bed, pals around with him at nights, changes his diapers and gets him dressed (if I'm patient enough to wait for him to get to that point) and pretty much gets him what ever he needs.  There are times where I have had to pry Gray out of Dave's arms crying so dave could leave for work or so I could take Gray home from church while Dave stays to do his calling (which doesn't always make me feel the best but hey, what can I do the kid has a fun dad).  I have to admit, it is a little nice because I don't have to do everything.  But there are times where it makes me sad cuz he doesn't want his mom, I want to be the one he loves and gives hugs to.  Abigail said it best the other day, "I think Gray likes dad most cuz you are home all day with him".  I hope so Abi, I hope so.  I tell myself that all the time not just about Gray but all the kids.  They like him best cuz I'm the boring mom who is home with them all day everyday, the one who makes them do their homework, clean their rooms and nag non-stop.  Thank goodness for fun dads to come home and relieve both moms and kids. 
I am so thankful for Dave and the great husband and excellent father that he is.  I've always said that he is just another one of the kids cuz he knows how to play and have fun with them.

4 comments:

Us Egberts said...

sweeter than sweet...be glad of their close relationship...and hope that it last a life time =] love it!

Melissa O said...

I love that picture. So cute.

Conner said...

Ethan still calls me mom, we are trying to break him of that. I will admit though it is fun to have a daddy's boy

Tiffany said...

always good to see how your sweet fam it doing and growing. love from texas!