Another Birthday has come and gone. Grayson (aka baby Gray, bubee, little bug) has turned two, no longer "baby" Gray, he has turned into a little boy. Really, where does the time go?
As moms we get so frantic and busy with the day to day mundane things that time just slips by and before you know it your fourth and last baby is TwO! It makes me so sad to think there will be no more tiny babies in the Archibald home. Don't get me wrong I love the stages they go through and love watching them grow, but as they grow they get big and out of my control. They move and talk back and fight and argue with eachother, they don't listen and they leave to be with other people - makes me so sad..... but they also, smile and laugh, give hugs and kisses and say I love you - melt your heart. They grow and get cuter and cuter then they start to get sassier and sassier and ackward and emotional, ugh what a rollercoaster we call life. But I guess what kind of life would it be without the ups and downs, the good and the bad, and the happy and sad?!?
We have been so blessed to get Grayson in our family. He is so full of life, so happy, so busy and just sooo cute! I love watching my kids love and help him. Abigail the other night at dinner said, "mom I'm not saying this to be rude, but I think Grayson is the cutest in our family" and we all kind of had to agree. He is a cutie! Colton, Abigail and Jaxon have all commented on how fun it is to watch Grayson do things. He has so much personality and so many funny faces. I love watching his expressions and at times I just can't get enough. Dave too has commented on how crazy it is that he understands what he does. When we ask him to do a detailed task he totally can do it! Two, what a busy, fun age!Grayson is still totally in love with is daddy. Dave is the only one who can put him to bed at nights (he will go to bed for other people as long as dad isn't around), when dad gets home he has a constant shadow, he has learned to give the best squeezes from his dad, and loves hugging and kissing dad. If I try to help him do something in a way that Gray thinks I am taking him away from his dad, he flips out, screams and runs to dad. There are pros and cons to this. The obvious pro is that Dave HAS to help out with Gray, the con is it kinda hurts my feelings and I frequently ask him why he loves his dad some much when dad ignores him at times and I do everything for him, no comment from him - go figure......
You won't get alot of words out of Gray but he does know a few. I think most people find this with their 3rd and 4th, they are a little behind the olders ones because they have so many extra people to help take them places, talk for them and finish their sentences. He does say: goggie (dog), gankie (blanket), quack quack (duck), nigh-nigh (good night), eyes, noes, all the kids names - however Coltons was the last for him to say and is the funnest to hear him say, don't, hurt, drink, juice, un-go (where'd go), bye, hi, down, up, drink, outside, shoes and he tries saying, have a good day, love you.
He still gets into everthing, but has breaks where he isn't too bad. He has this little skip with him everywhere he goes, especially when he takes off for something. He is getting so big and might pass up Jaxon this year. He weighs at two years what Jax did at three years, but Jax was 1/4 inch taller, it will be interesting to see how the next year goes.
I am so lucky to be Grayson's mom and hope he will always know how much I love him and my other kids. We are truly blessed to be so happy and healthy. Although I dread another birthday to come, I look forward to seeing the changes and growth that comes with that birthday.
Grayson's 2-Year Stats:
Weight: 32 lbs 8 oz
Height: 35 1/2 inches

No comments:
Post a Comment