Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Can we go to the park?

I don't think anyone is more ready for spring than my two little boys.  Gray has been dying to play outside for weeks, but it has been too cold to be out there for longer than a few minutes. 
This morning Colton had a little play at school, so Jax, Gray and I went over to see him.  As we were leaving the school Jaxon says, "can we go to the park?"  and I say, "what?  the park is covered in snow."  I pointed across the street to the ball fields and told him to look and he said where, so inside I said, what the heck, lets go to the park and see what they do.  So, this is what happened.....

They ran,


They Played,


They swung,


They Slid, 


They Climbed,


And had lots and lots of fun at the park burried in snow. 

It is a beautiful sunny day and I'm so happy we were able to get out and enjoy it a little, even if we still have old, hard snow covering the ground.  If it weren't for the sun shinning today this wouldn't have been possible.  I'm so thankful that I was able to stop myself from talking Jaxon out of going to the park, it's these little things that make us happy.  It was really good for all of us.  Even if it did only last 20 minutes. 



1 comment:

Valerie: said...

kids are so funny..mine would play in the rain if I would let them!! Glad you guys are doing good.