Is it really that time again? Really?!? Where did the summer go? I have mixed emotions every year when school starts. On one hand there goes our freedom for fun in the sun, swimming, trips and adventures, but on the other hand, school is soooo needed cuz of the structure and cuz I can't handle the constant bickering and fighting that comes along with kids being home all day long..... I don't look forward to all the running to and from school, games, practices, dance and piano. The homework the structure and the lost days of fun. Oh well, pretty soon we will be complaining about the transition from school to summer. No matter which way it's going it requires adjustment and getting use to.
Here they are all ready to go. Colton my 4th grader and Abigail my 3rd grader.
They were both excited for school to start. Colton wouldn't admit it as much as Abigail, but it showed last night when he couldn't go to sleep until midnight. He was up and down a least 5 times saying he couldn't sleep, that his arm hurt (had a nasty bike wreck Sat), his tummy hurt, anything to get out of bed to let us know he was struggling to sleep.
I love my kiddos and am so happy they are independent and love school, some days I might miss them a little, but most I'm not gonna lie, I'm happy they are at school hopefully learning and enjoying their time with teachers and friends.
Off to school they go.....
We must have been a little later than everyone else, cuz we didn't see anyone around.
Luckily they caught up with friends and their mom was smart enough to drive to school to get photos of them all togther! Love it! Thanks!
Abigail and best little friend Allie Tippets. Both in 3rd grade, but different teachers.

2 comments:
Yeah for updates! love seeing your beautiful kids grow.....nice...keep bloggin. Have you turned your blogs into books yet?
I know I have been a slaccer, we have been really busy and on the go this summer, but have done fun things. I have so much to blog... and no, I still haven't got any into a book yet. I have started a couple times but it is time consuming. How are you?
Post a Comment