Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Boy

Well, my baby did it. He passed the 1 year milestone! For his big day we spent a few hours on Dear Creek and then returned home for pizza, presents, and cake. It was a fun day. We met dad at work then headed to the lake and met Mareah and the girls there where they played in the lake and had some great tube rides. At the house we were met by Grammy, Grandma & Grandpa Archibald and Tina and her kids. The kids had lots of fun running and playing together and the adults enjoyed eating and visiting. The first birthday is always fun to watch the kid dig into the cake, but for Gray it was fun watching him with his presents. He loved all the new toys he got. He had to take a few minutes in between each present to play, then I'd take it away, he'd cry and try to catch up to it but I'd shove another infront of him to open and he'd be on to that one.

He did enjoy eating his cake but he didn't get too wild and crazy with it. It took him a while to dig in, he didn't dare get too messy at first then I pushed his hand in and he tasted the frosting and he was quick to go back for more. After her realized it was okay he kinda just sped up and kept going and shoving it in his mouth, afraid it was going to be taken away. It was pretty cute.
He is growing and changing so much. At one he loves scooting around the house, he loves when his dad gets home from work, he loves eating real people food (totally over baby food), he babbles constantly and tells stories in his own language, he loves clapping for people, reading books, walking around with anyone willing to hold on to him, he adores animals and laughs when he gets close to them.
At his one year check up the Dr. said he was doing great. He checked him out then just kinda sat and watched him move around. He thought his scooting around was the funniest thing. He asked what he did if I put him on his hands and knees and I started telling him about it then I just showed him there in the office and all he could do was laugh and say, "he certainly is a unique little guy" I definitely have to agree, he is unique and cute as can be.

His one year stats are:

Height: 24 lbs. 1 oz (70%)
Weight: 30 inches (60%)
Head: 19 (90%)

5 comments:

Valerie: said...

I am sad I missed seeing everyone at the camp site. Too bad I was not able to see but London would not have lasted that long if I stayed and Zachary needed to go to bed too. Glad you guys had a lot of fun. i cannot believe Grayson turned 1. I kept thinking he was only like 10 or 11 months. He is such a doll.

Melissa O said...

He is seriously yummy cute.

Michelle and Ben said...

Can you believe they grow up so fast! His little girlfriend here is almost 6 months old! Cute pictures!

Us Egberts said...

Wow looks like Grayson had a happy 1st birthday...he has grown so much....he has outgrown Collin...they were both such skinny little guys....what cute pictures...ha ha ha;0)

Jeannie Barclay said...

I can't believe your baby is one already! Darling pictures. I love the cake. It's so cute. Awesome you lost your tooth Abi. Your so cute!