July, 6, 2009 4am Grandma Donna Collet passes on at the age of 82.
The passing of grandma is a sad but a sweet/good thing. A good day for her to be able to leave her earthly body to return to a more peaceful place in heaven A sweet thing to be reunited with Grandpa Collett where she belongs. A sad day because she is going to be missed by all who knew her.
Her life touched so many. Whenever I run into anyone who knew her, they had nothing but good things to say.
Since the passing of grandpa (41/2 years ago), grandma really hasn't been the same. When she was speaking there was seldom a day she didn't ask about her husband. They truly were ment to be. I'm so happy and feel peace knowing they are together again.
I am so blessed to have been born into the Collet family, I have know this for years and have always tried living up to the Collett name. I was lucky to have them as grandparents and love them for the lives they lived. If someone ever commented on knowing the Collett's or my grandparents it was always a proud moment for me and it always made me try extra hard to follow in their ways not to change peoples perception of how they viewed my grandparents.
Grandma was so loving and happy, she was very generous and kind. Oh how I miss her easter egg hunts, her winnie roasts, he constant chewing of gum, the sound she made with her mouth cleaning her teeth with her toung, her love for all the kids around her, her love for family, her love for hummingbirds, her love for the outdoors, our school shopping trips, Christmas Day visits, the famous Christmas Eve shrimp dinner, family traditions, jumping on her trampoline, her many talents, her blankets, her smile, her singing, and many other things that made her grandma. I love her for the memories she has left for me and my kids to rember her by.
It is truly a sad day knowing she isn't around anymore, but it is a happy day knowing that her struggle with her health here on earth is over and she is united with grandpa with a healthy strong body.
What a good reason to spend the day remembering good times with good people.
I love and miss you already, Grandma!
If there are arrowheads in heaven I'm sure grandma and grandpa are on a hunt right now - go find em' guys! Love you both!
Her life touched so many. Whenever I run into anyone who knew her, they had nothing but good things to say.
Since the passing of grandpa (41/2 years ago), grandma really hasn't been the same. When she was speaking there was seldom a day she didn't ask about her husband. They truly were ment to be. I'm so happy and feel peace knowing they are together again.
I am so blessed to have been born into the Collet family, I have know this for years and have always tried living up to the Collett name. I was lucky to have them as grandparents and love them for the lives they lived. If someone ever commented on knowing the Collett's or my grandparents it was always a proud moment for me and it always made me try extra hard to follow in their ways not to change peoples perception of how they viewed my grandparents.
Grandma was so loving and happy, she was very generous and kind. Oh how I miss her easter egg hunts, her winnie roasts, he constant chewing of gum, the sound she made with her mouth cleaning her teeth with her toung, her love for all the kids around her, her love for family, her love for hummingbirds, her love for the outdoors, our school shopping trips, Christmas Day visits, the famous Christmas Eve shrimp dinner, family traditions, jumping on her trampoline, her many talents, her blankets, her smile, her singing, and many other things that made her grandma. I love her for the memories she has left for me and my kids to rember her by.
What a good reason to spend the day remembering good times with good people.
I love and miss you already, Grandma!
If there are arrowheads in heaven I'm sure grandma and grandpa are on a hunt right now - go find em' guys! Love you both!

3 comments:
She sounds like one amazing lady!! I have lost all of my grandparents so I can really relate to how you are feeling. Good to know families are forever!
Ditto....so sweet;0) Thank you for posting this. Glad you took pictures of the "book" I hope it shows up some day...tear....it was such a treasure.
It was great to read this- I can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa again... with all of those Heavenly arrowheads they'll surely find together! :-)
Post a Comment