Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grayson

I don't even know where to start with an update on this kid.  Can you say BuSy!?!  Saying busy would be an understatement for this kid right now.  Oh My!  Never have I had a kid so into things.  He goes from one cupboard, to another, to a drawer, to another room, to the pans, to my bathroom personal items, to Abigail's room and her make-up, to Daves drawer with screwdrivers and tools, to my closet and pulls all my shoes down, to the counter, to the toilet, upstairs to Colton's hidden treats, back downstairs to dump another box of toys and once he has went through his favorite places, he just starts all over.  ugh! Some of his latest things are:
Sunglasses:  He loves sunglasses and will wear them everywhere even when we are outside on a walk, he leaves them on the whole time.
Strollers:  He loves pushing strollers and will take anyone out who tries to push it themselves.
Shoes:  A new craze is going into my closet and getting my shoes out and wearing them.  His favorite, is my red high heels with open toes.  He wears them all but these are definantley his favorite.
Phones:  He still loves them but is getting really smart and knows how to use them.....  When a cell phone is in the room he will find it and usually work it.  He can take pictures and all.  When the home phone rings he will run and grab the one in my room and bring it to me. He loves talking on the phone, he grabs it and walks around just like he sees me doing. Sometimes he chatters like crazy other times he just listens and walks.
Computers:  Computers are pretty much the same thing.  He is drawn to them and will click around and get into things like you wouldn't believe.
Stools:  He has figured that one out.  He moved it all around the kitchen to get up into the things he wants.  He found Dave's place he keeps his keys, gum and spare parts - boy was that a jackpot!
For a while now Gray has said Abi's name but no one elses but this last week he started saying Colton.  And it is the cutest thing.  He doesn't really say the T so it just sound like Co-en.  Love it!
I have said that this is my funnest age, 17 mos - 3 years but he's pushing me a little.  I still love watching how much he learns and grows at this age, but this kid is a though one to keep up with - he's killing me!  I can't keep up!  But man I love him!  It's amazing a little person can push you so far one direction and in minutes melt you heart and get you laughing the next making you forget about what just happened to make you so upset and frustrated. 

A few funny stories from the past few weeks:
A couple Sundays ago we were ready to run out the door and the last thing I always grab is my shoes so I went to get them and couldn't find the pair of black heels I needed so I just grabbed another pair that looked silly but I didn't have a choice cuz we were going to be late.  When we returned home from church it was bugging me so I looked and looked and couldn't find them so I gave up.  Well, that next day I found them tucked up under my hanging shirts.  Gray had put them away nicely, in the wrong spot!
Abigail wrote a note to her friend and the next day was looking for it.  I was getting after her for not keeping track of it and made her look and look again.  She told me Gray too it and I got after her for blaming everything on Gray, then sent her off to school.  While at school low and behold what did I find in the sugar...... you guessed it the note Abi had written.  Gray had been in the cupboard that night while I was cooking dinner.  Oh my!
I had a bag sitting on the floor with some primary favors in them I was being lazy enjoying the Sat morning and not having to get going, Grayson was wandering in and out and then he got really quite and didn't come back for a while, when I finally came out we found that he had found the bag and got one of the favores and ate all the chocolate and stuffed the wrappers down the heat vent.
This is what happened the other night when I asked him to go get a diaper...

This is how today has went, First, he woke up before 7 am so I got him out of his crib and was just laying in bed trying to get a little more sleep.  Trying to avoid him getting into thing and waking the other kids, I shut my bedroom door so he couldn't get out and into other rooms, but instead he got in my bathroom and by the time I realize it he had gotten some mascara and had it all over his face, hands, and blanket.  I got up cleaned that mess up, did breakfast, got kids off to school, fed myself and next thing I know Gray is approaching with bright pink chapstick (of Abi's) all over his face.  During that moment, I thought I should have taken a picture of the mascare earlier and now this and each time after he gets into something but didn't cuz I thought what more will there be to take pictures of.  But 15 mins later there were pans scattered all over the floor.  Then  an hour later I was downstairs putting somethings away when he wanders down, I smell something and think what is that smell?!?.  Then look down and there is Gray with gobbs and gobbs of lotion (from Colton's room) in his hair, on his pjs and he is still rubbing his hands together.  Big mistake, I should have photo-d them all cuz now it's only 11:30, imagine what is waiting for me the remaining of the day.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow, I'm sure there will be pleanty of opportunites to catch him on camera cuz he doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.

3 comments:

elliot said...

Oh man- that little guy is keeping you on your toes constantly! It's a good thing he's so ridiculously adorable!

Us Egberts said...

He is a cutie for sure...everyone has to have one little go getter...that we cant keep up with...mine was Kadie....good thing he's cute huh?

Tanner and Chelsey said...

no wonder you are in such good shape, you have to be to keep up with that little guy!! But oh how fun, your kids are sooo cute!!