What a enjoyable day. My kids and hubby did all they could to make it a great day for me. To start it off, as I was getting ready for 9am church Dave and the kids brought back french toast breakfast for me. Then loaded me with cute presents.
Dave took them to the store last night and was asking Jaxon what he wanted to give me and he said a hug and Dave replies, don't you want to pick something out for mom to give her but he was adament about giving me a hug (which all you moms out there know there is nothing better than a big ole' hug from your kids), he replied back with no I'm just going to give her a hug. Love that cute boy! Colton had picked out a pillow, Abi got me an assortment of jelly belly's, Jax ended up giving me a candle you can blow on and off- lol. In addition to the gifts they gave me flowers, pictures and cards for me to remember their sweetness. Dave spoiled me and suprised me with a filp video recorder. I am so excited! Now I can start taking little clips of the funny things the kids do without having to worry about tapes and batteries and lugging out the big cam-corder.
After church we kinda relaxed, played outside, then I tested out my new pillow and took a short nap. We were suppose to have Dave's family up for dinner but Justin and Mareah's family had to cancel cuz Isabelle got strep, and Stephanie ended up working a long shift so it ended up being us and Bob and Shauna for dinner. We missed the others but still enjoyed our time together. After dinner the kids played outside then we came in played cards, visited and then had yummy brownies and icecream.
It was truley and enjoyable day. I am so blessed with good kids and a great husband.
I am thankful for my wonderful mom and all she does for me and the things she has taught me. She has always been a great example to me of what a person should strive to be like. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for being sent to a mom like her. Love you mom!
I was lucky to marry into a great family with a mother-in-law that accepts me as her own. I know she would do anything for me and my family. She is an example of a selfless person, always giving of what she has.
Most of all I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mom. I am overwhelmed with the task and feel inadeqate most of the times but feel blessed that my heavenely father trusted me with these sweet, choice spirits.
Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing mothers out there! Thank you for inspiring me, teaching me, supporting me and most of all loving me for who I am!
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

1 comment:
You are sooooo amazing...don't ever think other wise....how very blessed you are :)
Post a Comment