Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A little too comfortable


Okay, so Abi is getting a little too comforatble handling Grayson. It started a week or so ago when she wanted to walk around with him, cuz I had been letting Colton do it. First it started with her standing with him and saying, "look mom", then it turned to her asking if should could bring him to me, or go get him out of the crib. The answer to those questions were all no, but she would eventually end up doing it. Yesterday, was her first time getting him out of the crib on her own (which the very thought of it scares me). I was upstairs catching up on the computer and Grayson starts to cry and the next thing I hear is Abi coming up the stairs with little Gray in hand. She smiled and giggled and said, "I got him out all by myself". Then today, we were doing lunch and Grayson was still buckeled in his car seat sitting in the other room when he started to cry, Abi jumps and says, "can I get him out?", and I say no you wouldn't be able to cuz he is strapped in his seat." So she then says, "I'll just go give him his binky". That took care of it and he continued to sleep. Lunch was done and we went upstairs to read books to Jaxon for his nap and while up there Grayson cries, so I ask Abi to go give him his binky. A minute or so later she returns again with Grayson in arms. I have no idea how she got him out by herslef, let alone as fast as she did it, but she is figuring it all out on her own. Kinda scary, but I guess I just need to be happy that she loves her baby brother and likes to help and just pray that in her doing so she doesn't end up hurting him or herself.

2 comments:

Valerie: said...

Thats cute she wants to hold him so much. Yeah it would scare me too. maybe just make a rule she cant go down the stairs holding him. Looks like you guys are doing good and staying busy as usual. I cant wait for this baby to come out...ahhhh

Us Egberts said...

I would be nervous too but Abbi is so willing that is adorable....good thing babies are so rezilliant (is that a word?)...made of rubber to;+