Okay, life is busy!!!
We took off to Idaho for a family reunion Aug 8th and since then we have been on the go. I was a little worried about going to Idaho and taking Grayson so far and to be around so many people but we went anyway cuz Dave really wanted us to come along (probably to show Grayson off), but it really went well and I am glade we went. It was fun seeing the family and Grayson did wonderful, I even got a nice nap with Jaxon and Grayson that Sat. As soon as we got home Grayson seemed to get fussy, I think to punish us for the neglect he received during the drive. Monday Gabe and Parker came to stay the night with us on their way back from Vernal. The boys had fun seeing eachother and playing the wii.
We took off to Idaho for a family reunion Aug 8th and since then we have been on the go. I was a little worried about going to Idaho and taking Grayson so far and to be around so many people but we went anyway cuz Dave really wanted us to come along (probably to show Grayson off), but it really went well and I am glade we went. It was fun seeing the family and Grayson did wonderful, I even got a nice nap with Jaxon and Grayson that Sat. As soon as we got home Grayson seemed to get fussy, I think to punish us for the neglect he received during the drive. Monday Gabe and Parker came to stay the night with us on their way back from Vernal. The boys had fun seeing eachother and playing the wii.
Tuesday they left around 1pm and by 2pm we were in the truck again heading to Vernal for a couple days. While there the kids just played and we hung out with Grammy, Thursday before coming home we took the boat out for a spin on Stienaker, it was a nice day, not too hot or windy. We got home Thursday night just in time for me to make it to my softball game, which we lost badly.
Friday, we spent the day at Lagoon for Dave's company party. It was a good day, the kids had lots of fun and Grayson and I just kinda hung out all day. Sat was spent trying to do a few errands and then going to Tina's moms to scrapboook a little and to visit. Of course there wasn't much success on the scrapbooking part, but it was fun to catch up with Tina and spend a few hours with my friend without kids interrupting.
This week is back to school. In all the running and new baby I hadn't done any shopping, so Monday afternoon we went to try to get a few things. We met my mom that evening and did dinner and some shopping, we got a few cute things and returned home about 10pm, which was a little late for Abigail who seemed to be catching a cold or something, her nose was running and had red eyes and looked as if she needed some sleep. Tues mom left early for education week and back to school open house to meet teachers and find classrooms, both Colton and Abigail are excited and can't wait to start. That night Shauna wanted to come to shop with Cole and Abi for a school outfit, so we left and didn't return again until about 9:30pm. I felt very unprepared for Colton's first day of school, he still needed haircut and bath, but he settled for showering that morning and no hair cut.
This week is back to school. In all the running and new baby I hadn't done any shopping, so Monday afternoon we went to try to get a few things. We met my mom that evening and did dinner and some shopping, we got a few cute things and returned home about 10pm, which was a little late for Abigail who seemed to be catching a cold or something, her nose was running and had red eyes and looked as if she needed some sleep. Tues mom left early for education week and back to school open house to meet teachers and find classrooms, both Colton and Abigail are excited and can't wait to start. That night Shauna wanted to come to shop with Cole and Abi for a school outfit, so we left and didn't return again until about 9:30pm. I felt very unprepared for Colton's first day of school, he still needed haircut and bath, but he settled for showering that morning and no hair cut.
Wednesday was Colton's first day, he was very excited to get there. He left Abi behind with the little boys and I which made her really sad cuz she wanted to go too, she didn't understand why she wasn't going the same time he was. The school day came and went with him having a good first day and really liking his teacher. While he was at school Grayson had an apt with the Dr to be weighed since he wasn't up to his birth weight at 2 weeks. He weighed in at 9 lbs 6 oz, which was perfect (actually 2 oz more than they wanted). So Dr said he looked good and sent us on our way. Thursday was Abigail's school assessment where she meets with the teacher to see how much she knows, we made it to that and was able to spend most of the day at home without any other apts. whew......
As for Grayson he is doing well, he has gotten a little colic-y (meaning he cries alot and doesn't let me put him down). I wish I could just spend all day holding him, cuz I do enjoy it and I love him to death but I have these other little ones who need attention and we have all these different things we are doing, so it makes it hard and just gets me frustrated. The long hours and no sleep is starting to catch up. I think Wed was the day that I felt it really set in. I was just extra tired and irritable. The Dr said that newborns go through a stage at 4-7 weeks of crying, so I hope that is all he is going through and it will get better soon.

1 comment:
I am so glad that you are a blogger now. I get to be apart of your life without bugging you. HEE HEE Your kids are adorable. I love all your pictures. Grayson is definitely a keeper.
Post a Comment