Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Abigail's Big Day

It finally came Abi's time to go to school (Aug 27th). She was so excited. Leading up to this day I was a little worried about the whole morning thing. She is my little sleeper and regularly sleeps until 9am (there have been times it's been between 9 and 10). So the idea of having her up, out of bed dressed, fed and to school by then really scared me (she is one that needs at least 30 min to wake before she will even think of eating). She was so excited that the first day she just popped up out of bed, got in the shower dressed and ate with no problems at all. AMAZING! Hopefully it lasts right?!?
She was so cute to watch, so happy and full of energy. We walked to school (her on her bike and me pushing the little boys in the stroller), then took her to her class thinking she needed me, but she didn't. She went right in and had a wonderful time. She came home happy and loving school and her teacher. She has Allie (BFF) and Nataile (friend in neighborhood) in her class and her teacher is Mrs. Hales. She had no first day jitters at all. My little girl is a little too independent, and grown up, she doesn't need me anymore. She is even starting to do pony tails. Pretty soon she is going to take that job away from me too. Crazy how time flies, seems like not long ago she was my precious little baby girl, now she is my precious big girl.

Along with Abi's first day of school, it was also her first day of soccer. I wasn't planning on putting her in soccer, but when I was signing Colton up I just thought lets just sign Abi up and see what she does. She actually was pretty excited and did pretty good. She was so funny to watch, she just ran around chasing the ball laughing. She would try to get in the clump of girls trying to kick the ball out and the more girls there were in the clump the harder she would laugh. Pretty funny! I thought the game would be filled with little girls don't cartwheels and sumersaults but it to my suprise it wasn't - we will see how long that lasts.

3 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love Mrs. Hales. That is who Camryn had last year for 2nd grade. She is wonderful.
Abby and Soccer. Too cute. I love the girls teams because they always get tickled over everything.

Valerie: said...

That is great she loved Kindergarten and Soccer. That is nice she slept in that late in the morning. I would kill for sydney to sleep past 7:30 these days. Hope mornings continue to be as good as the first one was!!

Us Egberts said...

What a cutie;D