So we got a really good rain/hail storm on Wednesday. It was right when the kids were headed home from school. Colton walked in the door and literally seconds later it came down like crazy. They started at the back door sticking their hands out in it, then moved to the garage to watch it build up a lake in our driveway (storm drain in our gutter, but anytime it rains much it backs up and makes a pond/lake in front of our house), the heavy down poor didn't last long and as it let up the kids decided to run in it. Eventually they ended up on bikes riding through it then it went to swimsuits and the whole neighborhood over. At first it was one of the those moments that I wasn't going to have anything to do with that but then I let go and said what the heck, let them enjoy. And I am so glad I did cuz they all had so much fun and ended up playing in the gross dirty gutter water for over and hour.
Dave and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 beautiful, children. Life at times is crazy, but we enjoy it and have fun. We live in Spanish Fork and enjoy where we are at. We are blessed with good family and friends. Couldn't ask for anything more.
4 comments:
Wow a lake in front of your house. Just the right size for kids to be kids. What a great mom to let them be kids. Its the simple things for sure
I saw that as I drove by! Looked like so much fun!
I loved the rain storm. You don't need a pool, you just need it to rain a lot. Fun, fun fun
Hi! Cute blog, posts, and pics of your kids!! That lake sure looks like fun- wish I could've driven my car through it!
Post a Comment