Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Break


A few weeks ago I realized that I hadn't taken the kids to a pumpkin patch since we moved, which means Jaxon has never been. I was so good in Lehi, we would do Thanksgiving Point gardens every spring, the kids water garden in the summer, HeeHaws in the fall, and the list goes on (so much easier with only 2 right?!?).
So I decided what better to do for fall break than visit a pumpkin patch or something fun with the kids (ALL FOUR of them - oh help me!). Thursday we ventured down to Lehi to meet up with Tina and then we all headed over to the scarecrow festival at Thanksgiving Point. When we pulled up I about freeked cuz there were cars EVERYWHERE, I was ready to leave before we even arrived, but we didn't. We entered and didn't know where to start there was so much to do. The kids had fun just being there. The first hour we just kinda roamed and they still had a ball. Finally we set out to find some fun and we found games, bounce houses, a rocket launcher (which I think was their favorite), face painting, the farm with pony rides and a wagon ride and the list goes on there was some things we didn't even get to. It was jam packed full of activities . We stayed until dusk when we couldn't stay any longer becuase the kids were cold cuz we didn't bring jackets (who knew we would last so long). I kinda had a bad attitude most of the day and was having a hard time enjoying it but all in all it was a good day and all that matters is that the kids enjoyed it and it will be a good memory for them to have for a long time.

1 comment:

Melissa O said...

You are such a good mom. I think of Fall break and I think--Ok what chores can I get my kids to do. I'm a slave driver.
Sounds like you had lots of fun.