Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thought I'd take a minute to write a few incidents down from today, some to laugh at some just for me to remember.
To start off with funny :
- Abi, at 5 falling down the stairs, luckily there are no broken bones. Everyone that knows Abi knows that she just kinda flutters around. Well, today was no different. She was in her own little world singing away carrying a baby, headed down stairs dancing. I was sitting on the couch reading with Colton when all of a sudden, thump, thump, bang, thumpthump. Abi has fallin down all 12 stairs and is laying at the bottom. I didn't even know what to do or how to respond to her, cuz I am constantly getting after her telling her to walk normal or hold still. So it is really hard for me to comfort her and sometimes not laugh.
Just another bump and bruising for Jaxon who constantly has a scab somewhere on his body,
- Jaxon gets hurt jumping off a ramp, possibly breaking his toe, pretty sure it is just a bad bruise but he can hardly walk on it and has complained about it hurting ever since. Next day he has the cutest little limp (really quite sad), and won't were tennies.
Now on to more frustrating,
- Colton's first day of karate I finally signed him up after a year of saying I was going to. He was so excited, but once we got there and he saw all the huge class and hear all the noise and he panics and decides he doesn't want to do it anymore. The first two classes are one on one, so we talked him in to going in and trying it out. He listened and did pretty good, he even seemed like he was enjoying it. But immediately after the session, he turns to me, "Mom, I don't want to do it again!", with this sad paniced look on his face. I am floored! During the whole process I got to see how stubborn he is and his attitude he can have and it made me really worry about what he might put me through when he is a teenager. I really need to find a way to understand him better and learn how to connect with him. If I don't I could really have a tough one in the future. He is such a hard kid for me to understand because he is so good in lots of ways, but then there is something about him that is so different and difficult. Anyway, after we got home, I got perspective and sat down and was able to talk to him a little. I told him it was okay to be nervous and scared at times, but the answer wasn't to quit. After the little talk he decided he would give it a shot and see what happened. By bedtime, he was trying on the outfit (which now might be his Halloween costume) and showing off some moves he learned (thank goodness!).

1 comment:

M said...

I absolutely love your children (and of course you already know this) and I started laughing when I read about Abi. I can just picture (and hear)it! She is too cute flitting and falling all over the place.