So I have been told/asked numerous times.....
Is that the same fish?!? My response is yes, why? Why wouldn't it be?
Well, I've never really thought about it but fish really don't ever last too long and especailly gold fish. Well, not this one. I think my mom started us on fish - beta fish. We went through one or two of those and got goldfish. We went on vacation and ended up leaving them with a neighbor to feed (also for their kids cuz they always liked the fish when they came over). A couple days into our vaction they died, which wasn't a problem for me. But this friend decided she really needed to replace them. Yes, I did say them, there were two of them and now there is only one and this one has held on and settled into it's cozy little place in our kitchen by the sink. Well, that vacation was over a year and half ago, so this fish is nearly two years old! WOW!!
It really is officailly Abi's since Colton's died a while back. Little Abi will feed it here and there, most of the time Dave feeds it and if it is a good week Dave will change the water. Me, I don't touch it, I am not in charge of the pets! I have enough little ones and one big one to take care of, feed, clean, pick-up after, etc.... In the picture you will notice the little heart sticker. Abi placed it on the bowl for fishy, she has also made little pictures and cut them out to sit by the side of the bowl for the little fish to look at. When Abi's little friends come over they all try sticking their fingers in the bowl to try to catch a kiss cuz yes, it has and will come up and "kiss" Abi's little fingers. What a fish! Some of you might be wondering what the fishy's name is and wonder why I haven't refered to it with a name. Well, that is becuase it doesn't really have one. I think it started as pony, then it was sharkblood, and many others, but really it has just stayed fishy. Now it is known as the fish that just won't die.

4 comments:
That is hilarious. I can't believe it has lasted that long. Way to go pet owners. I have trouble with pets. I accidentally killed 3 of my dogs. I know. But it's true.
I once had a fish that lived 5 years. My sunbeam teacher gave it to me and it lived until I was 7! Courtlyne just recently sold our fish at her yard sale. Can you believeshe sold a pet. I think Cambrie Cook bought it. I wonder how he is--probably still swimming
I love that fish!
I hate cleaning their tanks, so they always died quickly for me. Oh, well. I'm just glad my kids haven't asked for one yet.
Post a Comment