Okay, so this is a really sad post, one that I might shouldn't post becuase I think Colton would be really sad if he knew I was telling people, but I have to so I can remember it and as sad as it is, a part of it is really sweet and still brings tears to my eyes when I think of it right now.
Anyway, tonight we had the evening on our own without Dave. We make it back from dance, karate and piano and it's on to, feeding Grayson (always right at 6pm when everyone else is starving), then dinner, homework, reading and the whole bedtime ritual. Well, tonight Grayson woke up from his nap too early and just wasn't very happy, so he is crying while I am sitting doing reading with Cole and Abi. Abigail says she wants to hold Grayson so I let her, it lasts only a few minutes cuz he is screaming, she gives him back. Colton finishes his reading and then wants to try to take a turn holding him. So he takes him and starts trying to get him to calm down, walks with him a little and then tries to reposition him, and anyone you who has been around or held Grayson knows how strong he is, well, as Colton was getting a better handle on him, Grayson rears back or whatever and yes, you are all probably guessing it......
Colton dropped him (Grayson), on the floor, on his head. You all might be wondering what is sweet about this whole thing, well, let me get to it as I wipe away the tears right now.....
I jump up and look at Colton and see the look of fear and pain in Colton's little eyes, as he tries to say sorry, it was an accident. I grab Grayson and then look back at Colton who is now almost in tears cuz he is so scared (no of me, but for his little brother), I then grab him immediately and tell him it is okay and tell him I know he didn't mean to as I continue to hug both him and Grayson.
It was so sad to see how scared Colton was of him hurting Grayson. He is such a good big brother and really loves to help. I really felt bad for him in that moment, but at the same time I was kinda worried about Grayson, luckily Colton isn't too tall and he was kinda leaning down and as Grayson was falling Colton leaned over even more and kept a hold of his feet, so he didn't last with too much force. But man, my little baby fell on his head and he is so tiny, it is amasing what these little bodies can endure. I'm just glad it all ended well and everyone is still healthy and in one piece.
So anyway, that is another fun, scary, stressful, crazy, intense, out of control moment in our yet busy lives. Glad all is well. Thankful for these "tender mercies" moments that we have to make us realize how special and sweet our little ones are. During this moment I was able to see that even though Colton is getting older and I expect so much from him, he still is my little boy who still gets scared and needs me and my love and help just as much as he ever has.
Halloween 2009
16 years ago

5 comments:
That is such a cute story. I mean that sucks for grayson, but how cute of Colton. What a gem.
Well I am choked up. How sweet that you held both Colton and Grayson- Glad that Grayson is okay and what a sweet and good mom you are to know that Colton was hurting and needed your comfort too.
There are miracle all around us we just have to realize them.....love you
It is amazing how they fight and then they still love each other so much. When Carter got her stitches Courtlyne was more worried about it than she was, and when Courtlyne broke her tooth it was worse for Carter. And they both prayed for each other evey day. They are amazing. Now I am crying!
I have to say, you are amazing for not freaking out, and loving Colton at that moment. Sometimes that is hard to do! It's scary what can happen in a second! I'm glad they are OK! You are a great mom!!
Post a Comment