Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Anniv

This years anniversary is going to be one we never forget. Not because we did anything spectacular or amazing, that was last year (our cruise), but because of what happened during our night out.
Daves parents took all four kids overnight so we could have time by ourselves. It was so nice of them and I was so looking forward to the free time. First, we headed up to the cheesecake factory for dinner (one of our favs - yummy, yummy). The wait was 70-90 minutes so we walked the mall a little until it was time to be seated. As we were being seated we passed a table with one of my old boyfriends from high school, we both saw each other and said a quick, polite hi, THEN I noticed the empty table next to them and saw the hostess slowing down and realized we were being seat right next to him and his wife. We couldn't have been any closer, even if we wanted to (at least we had our own table). We were both about to die as I'm sure they were too. We exchanged a few pleasantcies and then tried to enjoy our anniversary dinner ingnoring the fact that we were sitting right next to an old fling. Kinda funny. Another funny thing about it was that in our quick conversation with them I found out they were out from Roosevelt celebrating their anniversary too. What a small world.
After dinner we spent the night at a motel, slept in, enjoyed breakfast on our own and headed home. We were going to do some shopping along the way but stopped only once cuz I got really really sick and ended up spending the rest of the day in bed. Pretty eventful, unforgettable anniversary. But I do have to say I am a lucky person to be married to the wonderful person I am married to. He is a excellent father, a great husband, a tremendous worker and I couldn't ask for more. I love you Dave!

No comments: