Friday, January 30, 2009

3 1/2 & Potty Trained

I know, kinda patetic that it has taken us that long, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that Jaxon is FINALLY potty trained!!!!!
It has been two weeks and it has went so good.
There is something to be said about finding the right time for each kid. They truely are so different and timing is everything, NOT age.
He was so stubborn and lost when it came to attempting to go on the toilet, from being scared of the toliet to not understanding the feeling of when he needed to pee. I will never forget the first time in big boys, he was coloring or reading at the table when all of a sudden he looks down and says, "where is this wet coming from?" Right there was a big red flag that he wasn't ready. Since then we have tried a few times here and there all the while trying not to push too hard in fear of pushing him so far back that he would never do it. I could tell this kinda added a little too much pressure and stress to him so I backed off and stopped getting after him everytime I had to change a poopy diaper. I tried being more patient and sucking it up.
Then magically two weeks ago I was very subtle in my asking if he was ready for big boys. To my suprise he said yes, and that was it! Yahoo!!! There have been a few times where he has not wanted to go on the toliet or he has held it for hours but eventually he ends up going and he has had very few accidents.
The first couple times he needed to poop I caught him with this look and I'd hurry and grab him and rush to the toliet, now he just tells me when he needs to go or he goes in on his own. Not one poop in his big boys yet! Although this morning was close, he went on the toliet and didn't get it all out, a few minutes later I went into the room he was in and could tell/smell, a little came out, but we made it to the toliet for cleanup. All he said was, "it was and accident." Me being in my good mom mood, which doesn't happen enough, I didn't get after him I just said, "I know it is okay we all have accidents we just need to learn from them and not do it again." Hopefully that takes care of that.
I am so proud to be Jaxon's mom, I love him with all my heart, he is most of the time breath of fresh happy air. I have been meaning to do a post on him for a few months now about how easy going and independent he is. He makes my mornings so easy. Hopefully he doesn't grow up resenting me for the neglect he gets each morning. I am busy getting Cole and Abi ready for school, then feeding Grayson, feeding myself and sometimes running on the treadmill, and getting myself ready. All the while Jaxon is just roaming in and out of each room of the house entertaining himself finding ways to keep himself occupied. Never making a huge mess, and lots of times getting a game out and putting it away when he is done. I love that little boy so much! Of course he does have his moments, especailly now that he is three, but for the most part I couldn't ask for a better kid! Thanks Jax! I owe you a lot!
p.s. I am crying right now just writting about him. Knowing how blessed I am!

4 comments:

Melissa O said...

Way to go jaxon. He is so dang cute. Good job mom. I think I scare the crap out of my kids when it comes to potty training, so that is why they get potty trained. Nice only grayson with diapers. You gotta love that.

Gae said...

See! You are a great mother because you try to be in tune with your kids! I do love the photo of Jaxon by the potty. HA! It is like he is saying, without words, 'I get it! I get it!'" He's adorable!

Valerie: said...

way to go Jaxon! Yeah so he is a little old but like you said, who cares at least he is trained!! It was the best day when Sydney was done with diapers!! I heard boys learn later than girls. He is such a cute little guy. Congrats!

Wilson Family said...

Thanks for your input. I've tried to help Adon with potty training but he is definatly not ready at 29 months. I'm ready but thats different. Thanks for the blog post